June 2019: Celebrate Canada Day in Niagara!
Celebrate Canada day along with us on July 1st. This month's newsletter focuses on activities you can do this long weekend for Canada Day in the Niagara Region. Across the region, fun and family-oriented activities are taking place on Canada Day.
Here are some of the city highlights:
- 8:00 am: 1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance starting at Oakes Park
- 9:15 am: Citizenship Ceremony in the Niagara Falls Public Library
- 11:00 am: OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade
- 12:30 pm: Opening Ceremonies with live music
- Enchanted Fairy Land
- Artisan Area
- Canada Day Car Show
- Extreme Sports Area
- Hoola Hoop Fun Zone
- Trampoline & Powertrack show
- Scotiabank Children's Zone
- Rock climbing
- and FREE cake...
- 8:00 am Pancake Breakfast Simcoe Park
- 10:00 am Fort George opens
- 2:45 pm Parade Queen Street
- 5:00 pm Friends of Fort George BBQ
- 6:30 pm Evening Program
- 10:00 pm Musical Fireworks Display
- 12:00 pm Opening Ceremony
- 12:15 pm Tim Holland - Pupper Tamer
- 1:00 pm The Practically Hip
- 2:45 pm Crash Rhythm
- 3:15 pm Susannah Taylor
- Rock climbing wall
- Pony rides
- Kids crafts
- Temporary tattoos
- 3:00 pm Grand Parade from A.K. Wigg School to Harold Black Park
- 4:00 pm Opening ceremonies
- 4:30 pm Free birthday cake
- 5:30 pm Live music on the stage
- 7:00 pm Poutine Eating Contest
- 7:05 pm Live music
- 10:15 pm Fireworks
- 2:00 pm Festivities begin
- 5:30 pm Winter of 69
- 6:30 pm The Associates
- 8:00 pm The Caverners
- 9:50 pm Fireworks!
ON THE WATER
Enjoy paddle boards, pedal boats, canoes, and kayaks ALL FREE ON CANADA DAY at the King Street docks.
It doesn’t get any better than WIBIT ON THE WATER! RodeoSplash and Wibit Flip give you the ultimate cool-down experience!
IN THE PARK
Rock Climbing Wall, inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts, Canada Day Cake, Popup in the Park, Vendors and KubKar racing.
ON KING STREET
Food trucks, bike valet, and Creative Club (Lego and Everblocks)
More info at: https://www.welland.ca/Leisure/eventsinfo/CanadaDay.asp
- 10:00 am Mad Science
- 11:00 am The Music Depot
- 12:00 pm Joey Crawford & Drumming Bongos
- 1:30 pm Opening Ceremonies & Cake
- 1:30 pmTara's School of Highland Dance
- 2:30 pm Puppet Show
- 3:15 pm Magician
- 4:30 pm The Band "No Class"
- 6:00 pm Closing Ceremony
- Pony Rides
- Hay Rides
- Bouncy Castles
- Alpacas Fun
- Photo Booth
- Birds of Prey
- Face Painting
- Vendor Fair
- Food Vendors
- Giant Penny Sale
More info at: http://portcolborne.ca/page/canada_day Canada Day
Celebrate Canada’s 152nd Birthday at the Grimsby Museum.
Fun for the whole family.
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Crafts, games, activities, bounce castles, vendors and food. Free admission
- 1:00 pm Beamsville Music Studio
- 3:00 pm Opening Ceremonies: flag raising, O'Canada, Cake
- 3:30 pm Mad Science Show
- 4:30 pm Mike Lynch
- 6:15 pm Riley Michaels
- 8:00 pm The Doubts
- 10:00 pm Fireworks Show
- Photo booth
- Inflatable bouncers
- Face painting
- Fire trucks
- Food vendors!
More info at: https://lincoln.ca/calendar/14341
Suggestions for additional family-friendly activities in Niagara on Canada Day:
WINE AND CRAFT BEER:
- 2-Hour Pre-Cruise Event with VIP Tent and Private Bar
- Live DJ
- Two (2) Alcoholic Drink Tickets
- VIP Pre-boarding for Falls Fireworks Cruise
- 40-Minute Falls Fireworks Cruise (sails rain or shine)
- Onboard Licensed Bar and Music
You could be the lucky winner...enter today!
Visit our Monthly Draw page to enter the contest. You will receive our monthly e-newsletter, Destination Niagara Falls News, and your name could be drawn as our next winner.
Check our Best Deals often for exciting special deals offered exclusively through Destination Niagara Falls.
Our valued partners offer Niagara's best first-class accommodations, premiere attractions, decadent culinary experiences, unique shops and much more. Visit Niagara Helicopters, Vintage Hotels and Embassy Suites for their latest promotions.
For our past newsletters, click here